1. Reversing the funding cut from public schools – by increasing teacher and education assistant numbers above student growth to ensure every child receives the individual support they need to achieve their best.
2. Reducing violence in schools – by investing in professional development for school staff on student behaviour, expanding strategies to deal with disruptive students and supporting staff when a violent incident occurs.
3. Supporting school staff – Reduce the workload for teachers and school leaders in the areas of compliance and administrative duties, increasing administrative staff in schools and reintroducing line manager support for all principals.
4. Maintaining our schools – by clearing the maintenance backlog and improving ICT provision, ensuring that every school is a safe and engaging learning environment.
5. Attract and retain quality staff in regional WA – improve housing quality and affordability, and expand incentives for regional staff to stay in a rural school or to return to a metropolitan school.
6. Investing in TAFE and reducing expensive student fees – so that everyone can access and afford a quality vocational education at TAFE.