Under the McGowan Government:
Round 1: September, 2017
- Minimum $10.5m – maximum $26.5million IPS – between $20,000 - $50,000 per school per year (525 schools)
- $1145 cut per secondary school student for each student above 1200 enrolments in secondary schools.
Round 2: December 1, 2017
- 188 positions cut from central and regional office including 23 positions in Aboriginal Education – coordinators, consultants, liaison officers, participation officers (to go to State-wide Services and schools), data analysts and principal advisors.
Round 3: December 13, 2017 – Effective 2019
- Schools of the Air to close - REVERSED
- Camp schools to close, Bridgetown, Dampier, Geraldton, Goldfields, Pemberton and Point Peron; Broome to stay open.
- Moora & Northam residential accommodation to close – NORTHAM SAVED
- Change eligibility for Local Access Funding - Year 11 & 12 DHS students enrolled with SIDE
- Gifted and Talented programs (GATE) – cut by 25% REVERSED
- Curtin Theatre funding cut by 20%
- Reduced funding for Specially Organised Classes (Gifted and Talented) by 50% in 2019 and cease funding in 2020
- Canning College – to be for overseas fee-paying students only
- Tuart College to close
- Landsdale Farm School/Dianella SC (private provider being sought
- Level 3 Classroom Teacher intake on hold for 3 years - REVERSED
- Agricultural Awareness Programs – 1 FTE each cut Kiara College and Kelmscott SHS
- Agricultural College Boarding fee increases
- Introduce dividend to the Agricultural Education Provisions Trust
- Teacher Development Schools – reduced
- Yule Brook College – distinctive school funding cut
- Raise enrolment threshold from 10 to 16 children in community kindergartens
- Increase fees for VacSwim
- Some grants previously provided to external organisations will be reduced or cease
- Cease Best and Brightest Awards, cash prizes for General Exhibition winners
- The impact of these cuts have already started to be felt, especially the 188 job cuts to regional and central offices.
Do you like this post?